Just start typing, Tory. Just start typing in 3…2…1…
I have spent the past several months off of Facebook so many people do not know what is going on in my life. As much as I am ok with this I know that people do want to know what I am up to. So I decided to actually do my blog. Maybe later I will rant on my distain for Facebook but for now I will briefly (if that exists in my vocabulary) write about the past year and what my plans are for this summer and the coming years.
This past year God opened the door for me to go to Bible College. The first semester I had many struggles. Adjusting to dorm life, living with girls, getting used to being a nanny, on top of the usual growing emotionally and spiritually through trails of life. Sadly, most of it was because I had a bad attitude going into this year and it took me till Christmas break to figure it out. I truly wish I could go back and change it but I can’t so I just have to live with it and move on. I will share a few things that have stick out to me from this past year of school. As I look back on it, it was really quite an adventure.
- I learned what prayer is. It is strange to say that because prayer is simple. You just talk to God. What I learned was how God answers prayers. For example my needed about 2 grand of work on my car over the year and God provided money for that. I have never seen such blessings poor in. I am so grateful for the people who helped me over the past year, especially with my car. I am truly amazed how God answers prayers and that prayer does work.
- I learned that pants are actually talked about in the Bible. They are referred to as “breeches”. It is first mentioned in Exodus 28:42. This was really amazing for me since many people say that they are not talked about in the Bible.
- I am very possessive about the car controls when I drive. Sorry I had to learn that with you Amber…
- I learned that there is hope for me singing in key! HA! Who knew!? Now if I could only learn to. (=
- Things I have been able to do this past year.
- I was able to go to drive Ohio over Thanksgiving break with Amber. We were able to go to the Creation Museum AND the planetarium there for free!!
- I was able to go to Connecticut for Christmas break and as usually I fully enjoyed my time with my family and friends. I was also able to go to a performance of the Nutcracker. I had never seen a live or full performance of the ballet. It was one of those, “I am glad I went but don’t feel the need to again” kind of experiences.
- In April, my Tia came down to visit me. I am really glad she came; we had a really good visit and enjoyed Midlevel Times for the school banquet.
- Oh, and how could I forget, Vanessa’s Wedding in March??!?! This was so much fun! I was able to see a few of my siblings, tour Seattle, see my mom, meet my newest nephew and my sister in law, Sam. This was probably the high light of my semester because all I did the rest of the semester was work 40 hours a week and do homework for my 18 credit hours.
For the rest of the summer I will be seeing friends and road tripping with my Sister in law Heidi along with her kids. We will be traveling through the mid west and up to Alaska. This means we will be driving through Canada (so will I be an “international traveler” then?) After that I will be able to spend a few weeks in Alaska with my family. In August I will be back in school at Providence.
For now, it’s traveling, sight seeing and my correspondence Systematic Theology class.
The most random picture from school that turned out pretty cool.